Welcome to the Best Sennheiser Studio Headphones Buying Guide.
The Sennheiser is a German manufacturer specializing in the design and production of a wide range of high-end products including headphones, earphones, microphones, telephones, and other professional and business products and services. Developed in 1945 by Prof. Dr. Fritz Sennheiser and it is still an independent family business.
Sennheiser headphones are the ultimate solution for music producers and engineers, who specialists in operate equipment and software that records, mixes, DJ, edits and reproduces the sound and want the best quality studio monitoring headphones for all kinds of music production.
They’re always been top of line headphones brand for professional mixing and mastering headphones. Got awarded for the design competition and premium audio products by iF DESIGN AWARD 2020. It is a symbol of outstanding design achievements that focuses on the innovative power of design, excellent work, and performance.
They’ve lots of headphones available, but we need to look for only the best Sennheiser studio headphones today. So If you’re looking to buy the best Sennheiser headphones for music productions and studio recordings, you’re in the right place to know all of the important facts and information you need to know.
In this ultimate guide, you’ll find the top 5 best Sennheiser professional headphones to work with all kinds of music recording software and devices out there. Hope you’ll love this guide.
So let’s get started to find the best.
Top 5 Best Sennheiser Studio Headphones in 2021:
- SENNHEISER HD 300 PRO — Price: $199.00 at Amazon & $199.95 at Sennheiser.com
- SENNHEISER HD 25 — Price: $149.95 at Amazon & Sennheiser
- SENNHEISER HD 650 — Price: $499.00 at Amazon & Sennheiser
- SENNHEISER HD 280 PRO — Price: $79.95, was
$129.00at Amazon & Sennheiser
- SENNHEISER HD 560 S — Price: $199.95 at Amazon & Sennheiser
• Amazon.com Prices (as of 05/14/2021 01:30 PM PST- Details)
Best Sennheiser Headphones for Music Production Reviews
These are my top 5 picks of the best Sennheiser headphones for music production and studio recordings reviews that you can currently find now.
The Sennheiser HD 300 PRO is the reenergized of their previous HD 250 BT and HD 280 PRO models, with Sennheiser signature sound and much better soundstage. The fully professional build-quality and ergonomic closed-back studio headphones for music productions.
The sound quality of HD 300 PRO is pretty much good and the same sound quality as well as half of the price when compared with HD 600 and HD 560 S Sennheiser audiophile headphones. Heavy musical and acoustic preferences audio quality sounds. The bass line and lower part are noticeable as it is pure and very detailed as well as on high and mid parts.
Let see the YouTube video review:
- Dynamic driver headphones
- High-resolution sound
- Foldable closed-back headset
- Professional studio optimized design
- Soft earcups and extended comfort
- Spiral replaceable cable
- Premium build-quality
- Ambient noise attenuation
- Made for music productions
- The price is a bit high
- The cable is a bit short
Overall, HD 300 PRO is the best Sennheiser headphones for music production that is designed for professional audio production with any mixing and recording studio software. Sennheiser specially made it for particular recording tasks including general audio recording, studio monitoring, mixing, editing, online post-production edit, and more. Highly recommended Sennheiser studio headphones on a budget.
The Sennheiser HD 25 is the best Sennheiser headphones for mixing and DJing with lightweight comfort and DJ style headband. Closed-back design and on-ear fit rotatable headphones with straight spiral cable (1/8″ 3.5mm male Plug). Highly recommended Sennheiser mixing headphones at a very reasonable price of $149.95.
- View Our Sennheiser HD 25 Full Review
- View Sennheiser HD 25 on Sennheiser Official Shop (US/CA/AU)
- View Sennheiser HD 25 on Amazon
Best for monitoring live DJ mixing and other professional live show as well as home recording monitoring. Very comfortable headset and accurate sounds. They’ve four different models from which you can choose any of them as you wish to buy for yourself.
You can easily turn it to rotate earcup for single-ear listening when you performing a live show. You will not hear any kind of shouting on live when you wear both pairs on-ear as it offering high attenuation of background noise.
- Lightweight & ultra-comfort headset
- Professional monitoring headphones
- Multiple models and functionalities
- Punchy bass and neutral soundstage
- Replaceable earcups and cable
- Detached single-sided cable
- Rotatable for single-ear listening
- Built-in dynamic microphone
- Best-Budget DJ headphones
- Lower build quality
- Limited sound level
- Cable is not detachable
Overall, HD 25 is the best Sennheiser DJ headphones without any doubt as it comfortable and extremely fast response, and outstanding sound quality. The best Sennheiser headphones for studio mixing, DJing, cameraman, singer, guitarist, music producer, and all kinds of musician to use with a wide range of musical instruments both indoors and outdoors.
The HD 650 is a great pair of studio recording open-back headphones and much better than their HD 660 S. Sound clarity is a very sharp and wide range of open-back acoustic sound. They sound both very identical and extremely comfortable.
The main difference on HD 660 S is best for audiophile listening with a DAC (Digital-to-analog converter) or to use with an amplifier. On the other hand, HD 650 is best for sound recording and music reproduction with any genre of sounds including voice, singing, instrumental music, sound effects, or professional studio monitoring and all kinds of studio recording.
- Top recording headphones
- Open-back dynamic headphones
- Full-size earcups
- Detachable OFC copper cable
- Comfortable & elegant design
- Neutral balanced sound
- Sounds very smooth & accurate
- Premium build-quality
If you’re looking to buy the best Sennheiser headphones for recording the HD 650 is for you! Premium open-back headphones with detachable OFC copper cable to ensure long-lasting. Lightweight, comfortable, elegant design, strong durability, pure sound, and overall it’s the best studio headphones from Sennheiser.
The HD 280 PRO new model closed-back is the best Sennheiser studio monitor headphones on a budget. The price is very affordable and highly demands professional monitoring headphones which price is under $100. The only bad thing it isn’t detached cable, but at this price point, it’s appreciable.
Ideal studio monitoring headphones for beginners’ home studio setup. Budget-friendly professional Sennheiser headphones to work with any types of recording and mixing applications.
- Closed-back around ear fit
- Premium quality sound
- Clear and fast response
- Full frequency range sound
- Ambient noise reduction (passive)
- Folding and rotating earcups
- Tough, single-sided cable
- Best-Budget studio monitor
- Better durability
- Cable is not detachable
- Slightly uncomfortable for long periods
The Sennheiser HD 280 Pro is the best-budget Sennheiser headphones for studio monitoring without any doubt! Foldable closed-back dynamic stereo headphones that deliver accurate sound with ambient noise-canceling for critical mixing and mastering. The Best Sennheiser Headphones under $100 pick.
The HD 560 S is the best Sennheiser headphones for music listening. The premium quality high-fidelity open-back headphones for audiophile listening. The sound signature, design & comfort, build quality, bassline, and overall sound accuracy are much better than their own HD 559 headphones at the same price point for $200 on both Sennheiser and Amazon.
Built with a new transducer and high-strength magnet effortlessly reproduces deep, breathtakingly defined bass and brilliant treble without any DAC or amplifier. But still –
You need to use a good DAC/amp to sound more energetic as it has built with 120 Ohm impedance which is high enough that the headphones can benefit from an amplifier. Recommended iFi Zen DAC HiFi Desktop DAC with USB 3.0 B Input/Outputs: 6.3mm Unbalanced / 4.4mm Balanced/RCA (Unit Only) or FiiO K5 Pro Desktop DAC and Amplifier for Home and Computer (6.35mm (1/4 in.) Headphone Out/RCA line-Out).
More Audiophile Headphones for music and gaming you may love:
- Premium open-back headphones
- Audiophile dynamic drivers
- Natural and accurate sound
- Detailed soundstage
- Boom bass & clear treble
- Most compatible headphones
- Gorgeous design
- Very handy & soft earcups
- Detachable cable
- Best-Budget audiophile headphones
- Slightly poor build
Finally, HD 560S is the best-budget Sennheiser audiophiles headphones for listening to music and playing games with Sennheiser signature sound. Also great to use with hi-fi loudspeaker setups and high-end recording studios. The best value for your money.
Is Sennheiser better than Sony or Beats?
The Sennheiser is the best headphones brand for music production and audiophile as well as other different types of headphones. Sennheiser is much better than Sony or Beats when it comes to professional studio use in bigger soundstage and better listening experience to a variety of budgets.
Are Accessories available for Sennheiser Headphones?
Yes, Sennheiser has replaceable accessories for headphones including connecting cable 1.2m & 3.5mm, 1/4″ jack adapter, 3m jack 6.35S, cable with stereo plug, balanced cable, earpads, ear cushions and headband pad, clip black, cap ring with perforated, DAC/amp and all other spare parts proudly available both on their store and Amazon.
Best Headphone Amplifiers for Sennheiser Headphones
These are highly recommended DAC and amplifiers from experts for all the Sennheiser headphones, the full list below:
- EPOS | Sennheiser GSX 1000 – Gaming Audio Amplifier / External Sound Card, with 7.1 Surround Sound, Side Tone, Gaming DAC, and EQ, Headphone amp Compatible with Windows, Mac, Laptops, and Desktops.
- HDV 820 – Best Sennheiser DAC and Headphone Amplifier
- TOPPING A90 Headphone Amp – Audiophile premium quality high-performance headphone amp that can also work as a pre-amp. It comes with three gain settings and has great performance.
- Fosi Audio Q4 – Mini Stereo Gaming DAC & Headphone Amplifier 24-Bit/192 kHz USB/Optical/Coaxial to RCA AUX, Digital-to-Analog Audio Converter Adapter for Home/Desktop Powered/Active Speakers.
- FX-Audio DAC-X6 Mini – HiFi 2.0 Digital Audio Decoder DAC Input USB/Coaxial/Optical Output RCA/Headphone Amp 24Bit/96KHz DC12V.
- DarkVoice 336SE – High-Performance Tube Amplifier for Headphones & Woofers
- Syba Sonic – 24bit 96KHz USB DAC Stereo Headphone Amplifier 2 Stage EQ Digital/Coaxial Output and RCA Output SD-DAC63116
- FiiO E10K – USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier
Compare Sennheiser Headphones
Let see the comparison table between HD 300 PRO vs. HD 25 vs. HD 650 vs. HD 280 PRO vs. HD 560S Sennheiser studio headphones.
|HD 300 PRO||HD 25||HD 650||HD 280 PRO||HD 560 S|
|Primary type:||Monitoring Headphones||Mixing Headphones||Recording Headphones||Monitoring Headphones||Audiophile Headphones|
|Drivers:||Dynamic, Closed-back||Dynamic, Closed-back||Dynamic, Open-back||Dynamic, Closed-back||Dynamic, Open-back|
|Weight:||297 g||140 g||260 g||285 g||240 g|
|Sensitivity:||108 ±3 dB SPL||108.26 dB/V SPL||105.10 dB/V SPL||117.14 dB/V SPL||110 dB/1V SPL|
|Frequency response:||6 Hz - 25kHz||16 Hz - 22kHz||10 Hz - 41kHz||8 Hz - 25kHz||6 Hz - 38kHz|
|Impedance:||64 ohms||70 ohms||300 ohms||64 ohms||120 ohms|
|Cables:||3.5mm straight mini jack connector (1.5m with 3.5mm jack)||3,5/6,3 mm stereo (1.5m 3.5mm Plug)||1/4* (6,35 mm) stereo jack plug to 3,5 mm stereo jack plug||3,5 / 6,3 mm stereo (min. 1.3m / max. 3m)||6.35 mm with 3.5 mm adapter (3 meter cable /9.8 feet)|
|Check prices:||Amazon Sennheiser||Amazon Sennheiser||Amazon Sennheiser||Amazon Sennheiser||Amazon Sennheiser|
It’s over to finding the desire one you were looking for today!
Consider Sennheiser HD 300 PRO for the best music production headphones.
Pick the HD 650 if you’re looking for Industry-leading open-back studio recording headphones and listening to music as well.
And lastly, HD 560S is the best Sennheiser audiophiles headphones on a budget.
Hope now you can make ordering your desire headphones. these 5 are the best Sennheiser headphones for music production and gaming as well. Before complete your order makes sure you compare the price and get an order where you get a low price between Sennheiser.com and Amazon to get the best deals on Sennheiser headphones. At the same price point, I prefer you go with Sennheiser Official Shop.Tanmoy Kumar Shapu / Founder of Headphones Advice
What did you find from this review and which Sennheiser headphones are the best for your needs from the list you want to buy now?
Please let me know by giving a star rating and commenting below! Best wishes for you and your headphones.
- Top 5 Best HyperX Headset for PC Gaming: Reviews & Compared in 2021 - September 4, 2021
- Best Back-to-School Deals 2021: Headphones, Earphones, Laptops, and more - August 22, 2021
- The Best Headphones Sony WH1000XM4 Deals, Prices & Review in 2021 - August 20, 2021